Tuesday, October 7, 2008

One Reason Government Is a Fraud

The next time someone asks me why I am so anti-government, I think I shall present them with this NY Times article. If they can't figure out what is wrong with this glowing approval of what was done in a financial emergency where the American people were told - "We have to do something or the whole economy will collapse!!!" I shall relegate them to the pile of the too brainwashed to understand reality.

Bailout Provides More Mental Health Coverage by Robert Pear
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/06/washington/06mental.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

From the 1st paragraph:
More than one-third of all Americans will soon receive better insurance coverage for mental health treatments because of a new law that, for the first time, requires equal coverage of mental and physical illnesses.

So far - so good, as a libertarian minded person I don't feel there should be "a law". However, I understand why those who believe that the government can cure the common cold by simply outlawing it would see this as a great victory for those with special needs.

From the 2nd paragraph:
The requirement, included in the economic bailout bill...

Excuse me?

Mental health treatments in the "Economic Rescue Bill" (since everyone but the NYT editorial staff got the memo about not calling it a bailout).

Yea, if I have to say anything else about this - you have consumed way too much Kool-Aid.

2 comments:

The Aardvark said...

But...but...but...

Kool-Aid is GOOD.
It's wet and yummy and turns your tongue COLORS.

It's real good with butter cookies.
They give me Kool-Aid with my meds at the Home.

I ALWAYS feel better after my Kool-Aid.

Cunning Dove said...

Personally I prefer the "Invisible Kool-Aid." It even comes in yummy flavors!!! And it is cheaper than soda!